Welcome to The Cake Bible!

Whether its cake decorating, baking, or just simply eating cakes, my Cake Bible is the only thing you need to keep up with anything and everything cake! From video tips to recipes, my Cake Bible is here for all those who are just as fascinated with cake as I am! I'll help you learn new tricks and recipes as well as sharing photographs and videos for all you visual learners!

Monday 7 March 2011

A celebration not to be forgotton!


Okay, so as you know I am also a student as well as a cake designer. This May, the college i attend is turning 450 years old!! Impressive?! Whats even better is that they asked me to create a cake for their huge launch party and left it up to me to design the cake. Of course my mind then went crazy coming up with all sorts of silly ideas and I finally settled with a big tall cake that I wanted to represent old and new. I decided to separate two cakes with two big books, one dated 1560, the other dated 2011. I then got excited and made over 50 little sugar books, rulers and little sheets of lined paper that I placed all around the cake. Of course i used the college's logo and showed this through the colours of the cake, (purple and white) and finished it off with two LED lights at the bottom which lit up the whole cake! I even got in the newspaper with it!! How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment